This week's featured show is Jam For A Cause (benefit for Mike Keil), 6 p.m. April 10 at Mohawk Place.
Mike Keil recently suffered a stroke and has lost the ability to speak, write, and take care of his ailing wife. He worked at Clarence High School for more than 30 years but retired to take care of his wife Kathy, who was ill for many years. While caring for his wife, Keil suffered a mini stroke and then a few days later a more serious stroke which paralyzed the right side of his body and left him in hospital recovery for two months.
On January 24, 2017, Kathy was rushed to Buffalo General where we learned that her kidneys were shutting down, and everyone prepared for the worst. As a result of both of their health complications, medical bills have been steadily accumulating for over 30 years and have, at this point, financially crippled their family. The Keil family gave so very much to the community which they love, and that community is now taking to his side and helping gather donations which may help lesson the family’s economic troubles.
The friends and family members are hoping to help relieve the family of the $200,000 medical debt. 100% of proceeds from this event will be donated to Mike Keil & his family to help, while a Go Fund Me page is currently active as well accepting donations. Over $65,00 has already been collected through GoFundMe with over 900 backers and it continues to grow!
There's a $10 presale / $12 day of show price to the event which will all be donated, just remember to bring your ID when you head to Buffalo's favorite local venue Mohawk Place this Monday, April 10th starting at 6:00pm for a great time & a great cause!
/// Other Shows ///
- Sound Of The Underground: 10 p.m. Thursday at Milkies on Elmwood
- 716 Hip Hop Showcase: 6 p.m. Friday at Stamps ... the Bar
- Final Decline's CD Release Show: 6 p.m. Saturday at Stamps ... the Bar
- DAGON (CD Release Show): 10 p.m. Saturday at the Niagara Hotel
- David Guarino Benefit: 1 p.m. Sunday at Evening Star Concert Hall
- Crooked Gener8ion: 6 p.m. Sunday at Stamps ... the Bar
- Cold Shoulder & Crafter: 6:30 p.m. Sunday at Sugar City
- Reign, Boundaries, & God Of Nothing: 6 p.m. April 11 at Sugar City
- An Acoustic Evening @ Mr. Goodbar: 7 p.m. April 11 at Mr. Goodbar
Greg Burt is a Concert Promoter/Sound Guy/Music Supporter/Keyboardist/etc. He can be reached at Greg@FTMPEvents.com. For the full FTMP show calendar, visit www.FTMPEvents.com.