ONEONTA -- SUNY Oneonta recognized 35 student athletes -- including six from Western New York -- by inducting them into Chi Alpha Sigma, the National College Athlete Honor Society, during a luncheon held today. To qualify for induction a student athlete must have achieved at least junior standing with a cumulative 3.4 grade point average while earning a varsity letter in an NCAA intercollegiate sport. Each student athlete must also be of good moral character and have the endorsement of his/her coach and the Chapter President.
- Carly Sicker of East Rochester. Sicker is majoring in Fashion Merchandising and is a member of the Field Hockey team.
- Gabrielle Eppolito of Hamburg. Eppolito is majoring in Biology and is a member of the Volleyball team.
- Emily Opalinski of Buffalo. Opalinski is majoring in Sociology and is a member of the Soccer team.
- Alana Green of Pittsford. Green is majoring in Computer Science and is a member of the Tennis team.
- Claire Piampiano of Penfield. Piampiano is majoring in Business Management and is a member of the Swimming & Diving team.
- Coz Fiore of Webster. Fiore is majoring in Communications and is a member of the Lacrosse team.