BUFFALO STATE ATHLETICS
CORTLAND -- Robert Liebel (Tonawanda/Tonawanda) captured two individual titles and paced the 4x100-meter relay to victory en route to being named the Track Athlete of the Meet leading Buffalo State to a fourth-place finish in the eight-team SUNYAC Championships this weekend at the SUNY Cortland Stadium Complex.
RESULTS: 4th of 8 teams
MEET: SUNYAC Championships
LOCATION: SUNY Cortland
- Liebel was a SUNYAC Champion in the 100 (11.03) and 200-meter (21.97) dashes, and also paced the 4x100-meter relay with Elijah Lawal (Duanesburg/Duanesburg), Nick Miller (Hamburg/St. Francis), and Darren Thompson (Buffalo/St. Joe's) to a conference title with a time of 41.89 seconds.
- Cody Sikora (N. Tonawanda/N. Tonawanda) claimed a SUNYAC title in the 400-meter dash in 48.56 seconds.
- Benjamin Ezike (Staten Island/Susan Wagner) defended his title in the triple jump with a winning mark of 14.31 meters and also placed fifth in the long jump (6.88m).
- Thompson also secured All-SUNYAC honors by virtue of his runner-up finish in the 100-meter dash (11.10), and also crossed third in the 200-meter (22.35).
- Chris Duhaney (Hempstead/Uniondale) placed fourth in the 110-meter hurdles (15.29), followed by Osahon Odigie (Rosedale/Springfield Gardens) in sixth (16.07).
- Robert Alexis (Middletown/Middletown) was fifth in the high jump (1.85m).
- James Willard (Albany/Albany) scored in a pair of events, placing sixth in the 100-meter dash (11.49), and seventh in the 200-meter dash (23.38).
- Sikora and Liebel also joined Phil Giuga (Tonawanda/Tonawanda) and Austin Becker(Broadalbin/Broadalbin-Perth) to finish third with the 4x400-meter relay (3:23.92).
- The final team standings were as follows: 1. Cortland (191.5), 2. Geneseo (157), 3. Brockport (135), 4. Buffalo State (91), 5. Fredonia (73), 6. Oneonta (65.5), 7. Oswego (60), 8. Plattsburgh (44).
Buffalo State will send select athletes to a pair of last chance meets in an attempt to qualify for the NCAA Championships at the end of the month.