BUFFALO STATE ATHLETICS
CORTLAND -- Catarra Burroughs (Rochester/Wilson Magnet) earned second team All-SUNYAC honors as Buffalo State placed seventh of eight teams this weekend at the SUNYAC Championships at Cortland.
RESULTS: 7th of 8 teams
MEET: SUNYAC Championships
LOCATION: SUNY Cortland
- Burroughs secured All-Conference honors by placing second in the 200-meter dash in 26.04 seconds, and added a third-place finish in the 100-meter dash (12.67).
- She also joined Dayonna Holmes (Rochester/Charlotte), Satin Holmes (Rochester/Wilson Magnet) and Keanna McKnight (Queens/Springfield Gardens) to place second in the 4x100-meter relay (48.09).
- Ronni Kordrupel (East Aurora/Iroquois) crossed third in the 800-meter run (2:15.33), while Tiffany Raymond (Baldwin/Baldwin) was third in the 400-meter dash (58.89).
- Cheila Diao (Latham/Shaker) was fifth in the hammer (46.34m).
- Also scoring for the Bengals were: Dayonna Holmes placing seventh in the long jump (5.40m), Dajah Plummer (Cambria Heights/QHST) finishing seventh in the 200-meter dash (26.78), and Satin Holmes crossing eighth in the 200 (27.41).
- The final team standings were as follows: 1. Geneseo (215), 2. Brockport (178.5), 3. Oneonta (117), 4. Fredonia (85.5), 4. Cortland (85.5), 6. Plattsburgh (49), 7. Buffalo State (47), 8. Oswego (41.5).
- Fredonia clinched the Battle by the Lake for the third-consecutive year by finishing ahead of Buffalo State and securing the deciding two points in the season-long all-sports rivalry competition.
Buffalo State will send select athletes to a pair of last chance meets in an attempt to qualify for the NCAA Championships at the end of the month.