BUFFALO -- The lineup for the summer Canalside concert series -- rebranded as Canalside Live for the 2017 season -- has been announced by concert organizers.
The lineup is at follows:
- Thursday, June 15: Gary Clark Jr.
- Thursday, June 22: Sheila E.
- Friday, June 30: The Buffalo Philharmonic and Strictly Hip Performing music by The Tragically Hip, Presented by Consulate General of Canada and Labatt USA
- Thursday, July 6: The Tea Party
- Thursday, July 13: Ghostface Killah with Slick Rick
- Thursday, July 20: Eric Paslay
- Thursday, July 27: Theory of a Dead Man
- Thursday, Aug. 3: Dark Star Orchestra
- Thursday, Aug. 10: Robert Randolph and the Family Band
- Thursday, Aug. 17: USS
Organizers confirmed that the concerts will no longer offer free admission but will instead have tickets starting at $5, which will be available for advance purchase. It's believed that charging admission will assist in crowd control at the concerts, which had problems with overcrowding and chaos in 2016.
COMING FRIDAY: All WNY News & Radio columnist Ryan Gurnett will offer his take on the 2017 lineup.