'Advertise on All WNY'

Most Recent News

Bisons/RailRiders suspended in the 9th inning


BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The Bisons and the RailRiders were tied at one in the bottom of the ninth when a the true winner to Tuesday night's game came forward... Mother Nature. 
Rain delayed the contest nearly two hours at the start and more rain came in the final inning, forcing Buffalo and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre to suspend the first game of their three-game series at Coca-Cola Field. The game will be restarted Wednesday night at 6 p.m. with a 30-minute break before the teams play their regularly scheduled nine-inning contest.
Wednesday's "doubleheader" will be single-admission, meaning fans will need just one ticket to watch both games. All gates will open at 5:30 p.m., including a new open time for the Oak St. Gate for the team's scheduled 'Mystery Ball Night' to benefit the Hillside Family of Agencies.
When the game restarts, Gunnar Heidt will be on second base with Darnell Sweeney at the plate with a 1-0 count and RailRiders reliever George Kontos on the hill. With the rains coming down, Kontos threw a first pitch wild pitch to Sweeney, forcing the umpires to halt the game and call for the tarp.
The contest was tied at one thanks to some great pitching from Buffalo's Brandon Cumpton and a clutch hit from Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Cumpton allowed just three over the minimum over eight innings, striking out three and allowing just four total base runners. However, he did allow a lead off triple by Tyler Wade, who scored on a ground out to open the game's scoring in the first inning.
The Herd was held off the scoreboard until the bottom of the eighth inning. Guerrero Jr. rocketed a double off Yankees top prospect, Justus Sheffield, into the left-centerfield gap to score Dwight Smith Jr. all the way from first base. For Vladdy, the hit was his third of the game, raising his Triple-A average to .365.

There are just six more home games left in the Bisons season. For more information on all of them, CLICK HERE.

No comments